Sunday, March 9, 2008

What is it about snow and knitting?

Yesterday, while it was snowing, I simply could not keep my hands off of the wonderful sweater called Clark. It called to me with a siren's song of yarn and loops, and I answered that call. Today the front of the sweater should be near completion. Then I will cast on for the back.

There is something about the sweater, now that I see the ridge pattern in action that makes me wonder if I shouldn't change it? I want to, but there is a big part of me that wants to see the completion of this part of the pattern. Since it is my first sweater, and I have already changed the pattern somewhat, I think it would be good just to finish the sweater with the remainder of the pattern.

My hubby, Kolbar, looked at the wonderful sweater called Clark last night and asked me if it would be cheaper to purchase the yarn for the sweater than to get the roving, spin the yarn, and then knit the sweater. The answer, of course, was "Yes." I showed him the yarn I had for his sweater and he said, "Go ahead and make me the next one out of what you have, and then we'll get some more yarn. I'd like some Seventies style sweaters." My entire being, on the inside smiled. Now that the sweater is looking more definitely like a sweater, he is curious about having one and wanting one!

I am also going to begin casting on for my lace scarf project for Pascha. So this will mean I will have three projects going on soon - 1) the wonderful sweater called Clark; 2) the lace scarf; and 3) dishrags for Sister2. I am going to be quite busy on the knitting front here soon, and it thrills be to the depths of my toes!

No comments: