Saturday, April 5, 2008

Knitters Are . . . Smart




According to Yarn Harlot herself, Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, we knitters are smart. She told me this tonight, along with about two hundred other knitters, at Joseph-Beth Booksellers here in Lexington, KY.


I have read many posts by Ms. McPhee, and several of her books, and found them entertaining to say the least. They have made me smile and nod my head in agreement and understanding, however, in person, this woman is an entirely different creature in that she is hilarious! We laughed heartily and even though Hubby went with me, even he understood some things and laughed just as easily as the rest of us (us knitters, that is).


Once her talk was over, the Yarn Harlot had a lot of books to sign and personalize. I was happy as a girl in a yarn shop could possibly be with a free pass to purchase anything she wanted! Hubby pushed me up to the desk and was just as happy as his wife, or so it felt. Perhaps I was just giddy beyond expectations surrounded by so many other like-minds.


Anyway, after getting my happy little book signed I found myself famished so Hubby and I, and Cheyenne and Sniffles went to The Regata to grab some food. (It was a little expensive, but well worth it.) There was a wait at the restaurant, what were we expecting on a Saturday night at Joseph-Beth's? And, as is the custom, we received a pager to let us know when our table was ready.

And this was our pager:
lobster-pager
just happened to be our pager.
And this was our pager when we were alerted about our table:
lobster-pager2
It really does take so little to amuse me sometimes. Hubby even commented with a happy, understanding and loving gleam in his eye, "Honey, you're a little weird sometimes." I had to agree, of course, what else was I supposed to do - lie and say I'm not?
Now we are home and I just had to share with you what a wonderful, happy day that was today.

No comments: