Thursday, February 7, 2008

Pattern?


The beautiful sweater that is called "Clark" has begun and has reached several inches. I had taken a nice picure of what I had done so far but once it was actually transferred to the computer it didn't show any detail and was quite fuzzy. I think I am just going to have to go and get more batteries for the camera and possibly another memory card and just use the camera to take photos of the knitting since my little phone's camera is not quite as good at taking pictures sometimes. Of course, the picture taker is also a factor in this, too.


Needless to say, perhaps, but I am quite pleased with how well it is coming along. And, for those of you who know me, I have made modifications to the pattern. In the pattern for "Clark" it says to knit the ribbing cuff for the bottom of the sweater, bind off, then go back and pick up the same number of stitches and continue knitting the remainder of the sweater. The explanation given was that it would form the ridge at the bottom of the sweater. I hate going back and picking up stitches for silly reasons, and I considered this a silly reason.


Instead of binding off and then going back and getting the stitches I purled several rows to create a nice ridge, then knit a nice strip of stockingette, which gave me a nice border that I believe I would like to put some pretty embroidery. Masculine in nature, of course, since this is a masculine sweater.


Also, I am doing garter stitch. If it doesn't look so good in the next few inches I'll just frog it and begin again with stockingette.

2 comments:

Brad Rohr said...

that is a beautiful sweater...I can't wait to see the finished pics. I am gearing up to making my first sweater...It feels a little daunting, but exciting as well. Glad to see you on the group on ravelry!

Brad

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I am rather excited about the Ravelry group!