Thursday, February 21, 2008

Perfect Knitting Weather

According to the weatherman we here in Lexington were supposed to have an ice storm. God provided and we have had sleet and freezing rain off and on all day. The interesting part is that we are supposed to get snow, too, later on in the evening. It is perfect knitting weather to be curled up next to the couch and knitting.

Last night there was a lot of work done on the wonderful sweater called "Clark" - so much so that I think I have reached the 17 1/2 " mark. Now I begin working on shaping the shoulders and preparing to begin making the back. Since this on is working up so quickly I am seriously considering beginning another one in a beautiful yarn called "Aran fleck" from Red Heart. Yes, I know, it is acrylic, but the people I am making the sweaters for are allergic to wool and most natural animal fibers. Sad, I know. Still, the yarn is beautiful and I am really looking forward to putting a project of it onto the needles.

As far as planned projects are concerned, I am also planning on putting a lace scarf on the needles. It will be my first lace project and I am making a scarf to wear for Church at the Pascha service, which happens in April (Pascha is the Eastern Orthodox Christian service of easter). Having it blocked before Pascha will be one of the hardest challenges. I am thinking of using Mist Heather from KnitPicks.com. As for the pattern, well, I haven't quite decided on that yet. I do like Divine Lace, also from KnitPicks.com, as well as a couple of others. Sometimes there are a lot of decisions to make in the knitting world.

It seems I am a busy knitter of late it appears. Oh, that reminds me, I need to get some material to line my pretty little pink purse! I also want to put some nice fun yarn around the top that will, hopefully, just add the perfect touch.

No comments: