Friday, June 27, 2008

The Best Laid Plans....

With all of the planning I did for the wonderful knitting projects absolutely nothing has been done toward them. Why? Because of a very bad reaction to a medication I was trying out for my arthritis from my rheumatologist Wednesday.

It was a patch of pain medication called Flector Patch(tm), which is an NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug); it's medical/drug name is diclofenac epolamine topical patch. It worked wonderfully for the knee pain I was having on Tuesday night when I got home from class, but Wednesday morning brought nausea, stomach pain, weakness, and a few more icky side effects. It was serious enough to keep me from going to my class Wednesday night. This means Monday, when I get to Sullivan, I will be doing my absolute best to try and find out what assignment is due on this coming Wednesday.

Yesterday was a little better, and today I am feeling almost perfect (for me). There is still some lingering weakness, but the stomach pain and nausea are gone and I am close to being hungry again. For Mexican food. Yeah, I am such a weirdo when it comes to getting over icky days. When I get hungry from something like this it usually has a flavor...like Mexican, Italian, pizza, or Chinese.

Tonight is Game Night Part Deux. I think it is the perfect time to take along some knitting, don't you?

No comments: