Saturday, June 28, 2008

Today, after tai chi, which went by far too fast for me, we went to Fava's for breakfast, where we did heartily, and then, of course, I went to Stone's Throw. Beth was not there, but Megan was, which meant there was yarn which could be purchased. And it was. I am probably going to have to slip some money from DH some way in order to make due with everything I need to do this beginning of the month. Part of me regrets having spent the money for the yarn, but there is this other side of me that is relieved there is new yarn in the stash, plus good knitting mojo was passed along to me from Stone's Throw. The knitting mojo was much needed.

Yarn has, completely and irrevocably, become my stress reliever. When something goes wrong I pick up the knitting needles and knit quietly for an hour or two. DH is being a grumpy bastard - I pick up the knitting needles and knit quietly for an hour or two. The nerves need to be settled before class - I pull out the knitting needles and knit quietly for as long as is possible. There is a brief that needs to be written and is being troublesome or a a story item that isn't working out - again, knitting needles and knitting. How is it then possible for me to walk into a store that provides such beautiful yarn and roving and walk out with nothing? Impossible. It helps, too, that I don't have to ask DH for any funds for purchasing of said materials. He would, I think, but he would grumble and fuss for a good week. (It is very rare he will purchase yarn for me and not grumble about how much it costs.) It must be a guy thing. Ok...SOME guys' 'guy thing', if that makes any sense.

*sigh* So, pinching pennies and putting in what I make into the bank and life will go on. The bright side is - there is yarn. New yarn. Yarn that is patiently waiting for me to pick it up and do something absolutely beautiful with it. Oh, and roving. Beautiful blue and white roving. AND, Megan also told me how to "set" the thread once it is spun. I am happy. Broke, perhaps, but happy.

1 comment:

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

We have a wonderful shop in town that sells mill ends and so the price is drastically reduced. Of late I have even purchased a ball or two from the dollar store to make socks.