Monday, November 24, 2008

My Mind Roams Today


There are moments when all you can think about is being someplace else. Some place where you feel as if you have escaped into a quiet place to rest for a while. It doesn't have to be a place far away. It can be quite near. Like the cafe' at your favorite bookstore. Yeah, I'd like to be at Barns and Noble's right now sipping on a cafe' mocha and munching on a sugar cookie surrounded by books and people that I don't have to talk to if I don't want. Tonight, though, I would also be surrounded by yarn and knitting needles and books on knitting because this is a knitting night. Yessir, a full-fledged knitting night.


DH has gone to his tai chi practice and I am alone. Instead of making me feel all depressed and itchy to have company, I feel as if I am actually getting a good treat. I measured The Wonderful Sweater Called Clark against its recipient and feel good about how it is turning out. Tonight I am going to concentrate a good portion of knitting time upon said wonderful sweater and, once I find my Interchangeables - Hubby has put them somewhere - I am going to cast on a sweater for him.

Yes, I can mention knitting projects here without worry he will find out. He looks at my knitting and all of its many projects as almost a disease. It is a good disease as far as Dear Hubby is concerned, but a disease none-the-less.

As if the plans for knitting were not enough, I have spent a wonderful hour roaming Ravelry.com and seen so many projects I would like to undertake one day.

All in all, this has been a yarn-filled day more or less. SS came over for lunch and while he was here he helped me de-tangle a couple of masses of yarn. According to him, de-tangling yarn and other things is a stress-reliever for him. I, personally, consider it a miracle and will help him de-stress sometimes (although unintentionally).

Today I re-discovered a pair of nice worsted weight fingerless mitts, a hat, as well as the worsted weight pair of socks I made for myself. I wish I had had these this past Friday! Perhaps my hands would not have gotten so cold! (I am now determined to make myself some mittens for such occasions; I am just not sure which yarn to use from my stash.)

No comments: