Sunday, November 9, 2008

Picked up the knitting needles again...finally!

I am not exactly sure why, but I haven't been knitting like the normal fiend with needles and yarn I usually am. It isn't that I haven't had ideas or that there aren't projects to complete, because there are: I just haven't been knitting. The tug of the knitting needles didn't actually finally hit until a couple of days ago, but then my shoulder was so very ugly because of the recent fall that the thought of working with yarn or doing anything requiring me to move my right shoulder even the tiniest bit made me sweat.

However, the doctor's visit told me I did not have a broken shoulder, but a cracked collar bone and there could be some deep tissue damage I need to get checked out later on in the week. Oh, and the x-ray showed that I had broken my arm at some point in the past three months and it was now virtually healed. The odd part is - I didn't think of myself as hurting enough to actually go get it checked out, which now has my doctor worried: If my pain level is high enough that I can't tell if I have a broken bone then something needs to be done differently, and this means different meds and such. The only thing is that, currently, my meds are to the point where I can have a normal life and think through the days instead of having them just blur in a drug-induced haze. I like that - having a life.

But I digress....

So, today the arthritis was acting up and my hands were sore. I had not really thought about knitting until Hubby brought home something from Church (yeah, today was sort of a bad pain day in other joints than just my shoulder) that said we were collecting children's' hats, toys, etc. for a Christmas drive. Suddenly I knew how I wanted to get started on this - a child's hat. When I cast on for the wee thing it felt wonderful and right. Luckily the shoulder is healed enough that small knitting projects aren't going to bother it, and now, after only a couple of hours, the little thing is forming nicely. I can't knit at my normal speed because of the arthritis and shoulder, but it feels so good! It is as if I haven't had anything sweet in ages and suddenly have been given something from Swiss Colony as a treat!

The little hat is being made out of self-striping sock yarn and there is also some yarn left over from small knitting projects, also in sock yarn, that have me already planning on the next little hat, probably a little larger for a bigger kid.





You Are Chess



You are brilliant and shrewd. You can often predict what people will do in the future.

You thrive in complex situations. You deal with contradictions well.

You can have many streams of though going on at your mind at once. You keep track of things well.

You are very patient. You have lots of endurance, even when your energy dwindles

2 comments:

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Sorry to hear about your shoulder.

Hope your well and better soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm...Swiss Colony. Now I'm hungry!