Sunday, January 31, 2010

Perfect Knitting Weather


This has been an odd week for yours truly. My right shoulder has been absolutely unhappy with me. Then, Thursday, I slid and injured my shoulder, which has not made me a happy person at all! There was a very loud *crack* and then lots of pain, plus a nice knot.

No, I didn't go to the doctor right away because there really isn't anything they could do for me, especially since I walk with my crutches underneath my arms due to my hands having set wrists already. So, in order to fix the shoulder I wouldn't be able to get up and move around or do anything independently. Plus, there wouldn't be any work for me. No work means no paycheck. This is simply unacceptable at the moment. Thankfully the knot has gone down and the pain is just a little better.

There was snow this weekend, up to five inches around my house and in Lexington. (This is a picture of the land snow we had: I just didn't feel up to grabbing a new picture just now.) Since knitting doesn't really take movement of the shoulder, I have begun the husband's newest hat.
Thanks to all of you with the suggestions! I actually held his hat ransom until there was yarn to work with! It made me feel all piratey. Arhhhh! Or, in this case.... Yarhnnnnn!

No comments: