Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Returning With A Sweater

It has been a while since I have posted anything here.  It has also been a while since I have actually just sat down and played with yarn.  Since I have begun playing with yarn again, my nerves are better, and my attitude about a lot of things has improved greatly.  A friend of mine once called my knitting "yarn therapy" and he was right!  It is the perfect therapy, especially now that I can sit and knit without being completely exhausted and fatigued or in deep internal pain.

See, I had to have an emergency appendectomy June 29-30th.  According to all of the test results that came back, my appendix was nasty for a very long time and was probably causing me to be sick in so many ways, different from the arthritis.  In the spring of this year I was so exhausted and so tired I was in misery, and by the time the pain began with the appendicitis I was in pretty bad shape.  Still, once the offending organ was removed and I healed, well, things have begun being better in ways I am finding quite surprising.

There is energy in me to DO things other than just sit and be as quiet as possible.  I am writing again.  I am knitting again.  Life is on the positive side instead of just mere status quo. 

In order to celebrate this wonderful new me, I have decided to make myself a sweater, and it is going to be my own design (probably a boat-neck sweater).  Knitting is exciting again, just as is writing, and being with friends.

The appendicitis wasn't the only thing to happen this year.  My mother-in-law, my beloved Frogmomma passed away suddenly 12/24/10.  None of us were prepared and we have had a hard time adjusting to life without her. 

But, I'm back, and I'm excited to be back.

No comments: