Thursday, September 29, 2011

Yarn Lust and Project Desires!

KnitPicks is making it hard for me to not want things.  Lots of things.  Their latest catalog came in the mail yesterday, but the husband was home so I had to put it aside...until today.  As a treat to myself I took it outside in the brilliant sunshine and read every single article and made mental notes of what yarns, if I could purchase any, I would choose.  *sigh*  Being poor sucks when you feel like knitting and not like absolute crap any more!

One thing that caught my attention was Biggo Yarn.  It looks intriguing and I have read you can sit down with super chunky yarn and knit an entire sweater in a weekend.  I don't know if this is true or not, but I wouldn't mind trying it out.  There is another sweater idea I have in my head this could be tried upon, as well as several patterns and books call for super bulky yarns.  Here it is, tantalizingly close and ever so far away.

And, of course, all of the lovely Palette Yarn and sock yarn throughout the book and fingering weight yarns that call for smaller needles and endless hours of joy - not just for knitting socks!  Scarves, hats, fingerless mitts, and of course socks can be knit from these wonderful shades. 

Still, I am not yarn-less just yet.  There is a sweater on my needles, and if I look really hard, or have someone get into the yarn room for me to look really hard, there is probably some lovely sock yarn just waiting to go onto needles!

1 comment:

James said...

Hi,
Will you please post a link to your Blog at The Knitting Community? Our members will love it.
Members include: knitters, knitting enthusiasts, experts, groups, circles, organizations, etc.
It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website. You can also add Photos, Videos and Classifieds if you like.
Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
Please feel free to share as often and as much as you like.
The Knitting Community: http://www.vorts.com/knitting/
I hope you consider sharing with us.
Thank you,
James Kaufman, Editor