Friday, January 30, 2009

A Cute Little Bag and Yarn Therapy Commense



This cute little bag has caught my attention. Valentine's Day is closer than what I am comfortable with, and I am trying to be up on the possible knitting projects I can use as giving as gifts or parts of gifts. I am thinking that this little thing would be perfect for putting a small gift or two in for my own special Valentine. Since my paycheck is waiting for me at work instead of being deposited like I expected it to be into my checking account, I think the purchase of some yarn for such a cute little creation would be wonderful for my guy. The only other thing I need to need to figure out is what to put inside said pouch.

The instructions are not going to be posted below, and if you would like a copy of your very own, you can click on the title above and be taken to the Lion BrandTM site where the page for the project is available for your very own download. I was going to post them, but didn't want to step on any copyright toes - I am too poor to pay for copyright infringement. LOL.


On other knitting news, I am going to kick the knitting into high gear and finish at least two sets of the fingerless mitts for two or three people in my office. I am going to try my very best and get three sets done so that when I go in on Monday I will be bringing gifts for my co-workers who have had to take over the calls I should have been taking while off due to the ice and snow conditions that are trapping me here in the house.

I was reading today in an article I received about dealing with stress in a creative way. The article suggested either writing in a diary or journal; writing a short story, and, of course, knitting and other hand crafts. After taking a nerve pill the thought of knitting made me ease up even more.

The possibility of losing my new job over this is very real. Hubby keeps telling me not to worry about it, but it is so difficult not to do so. Sister2 suggested just keeping busy and prepare for work on Monday as if everything was going to work out perfectly. Positive thinking can hopefully get me through this current bout of nerves that feels as if it is bordering on a panic or anxiety attack.

Hubby came home from work tonight and worked a little on the porch and the ramp a little before coming in and promptly going to lie down for a little. Me thinks he isn't feeling all that great. He is such a macho guy he does not like to admit he does not feel well and I have to guess or ask many times how he is feeling before he gets annoyed enough to tell me. Since my own nerves are a little jangled at the moment, I am just going to let him relax for a while before finding out how he feels or even what he would like for supper. I know he is also under stress because of all of this himself in trying to support me, in his own strange way, through this.

Tomorrow is also Hubby's 40th birthday and, just possibly he might be feeling this one, but he hasn't said anything specifically.

No comments: