Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ice

funny
moar funny pictures
Last night there was a major dumping of ice on the Lexington area. Because of the ice I didn't make it to work today, and it felt odd. Yesterday, once everyone saw my supervisor's fingerless mitts, everyone nearly in my unit has requested them. Since I can't take large knitting projects to the office I figured these would be perfect to do there in those down times.

According to the weather and news, tomorrow is supposed to be more of the same. It didn't get above freezing today so my ramp is still iced over. Tomorrow is probably going to be another stay-at-home day. SupervisorB said that I wouldn't lose my job since the ice was beyond my control. This means, from my understanding, I am still going to have a job, but the paycheck is going to be somewhat smaller than it would have been with a full week of work.

No comments: