Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Third Day of the New Year 2009...

...brings quietness and my darling husband snoring on the couch.

He actually made it to tai chi this morning, but when he came home he went and laid down on the bed "to stretch his back out" and fell asleep. He got up from there and went into the living room where he sat down on the couch and fell promptly asleep again. I am not going to wake him as I had ample sleep myself today and am feeling much better for it.

The first project for 2009 I am bound and determined to complete is going to be the wonderful sweater called Clark. It has been sitting around and sitting around and other projects have been being pushed and pulled and slipped in front of it until it has taken me a very long time to even get back to it. However, as one of my New Year's Resolutions (surprisingly I actually made a list this year) I am getting all of the old projects under my belt and getting them finished so that by the time summer rolls around I can pick up a pair of socks or some lace - still determined on the lace - without feeling one bit of guilt.

The year 2008 was a very important learning year for me where knitting has been concerned, as well as a little more of life in general. I have learned that if I actually plug away on a project it actually gets completed and looks wonderful, and that small projects are quick ego boosters when the larger projects seem to be taking forever to complete. Many of you probably already knew this, and I know I did at some point in my brain, but it was nice having the knowledge re-awakened in my head and heart. I also learned that when I don't knit for a considerable period of time I get really grumpy, grouchy, meanish, and my blood pressure refuses to stay in the nice levels and tries to kill me. Yes, an important reason to keep knitting. I have also learned and accepted that my nearest and dearest friends watch my knitting progression and when I am not knitting immediately know something is horribly wrong in my world somewhere - either I am sick or I am under a larger-than-normal amount of stress and come to my rescue.

I have also learned that all of the friends I have made on Ravelry.com are some of the dearest to my little heart. Thank you guys for sharing this wonderful...hobby with me.

No comments: